There are a variety of parties held throughout the year, but have you ever thought about having a Pancake Party? What better way than to throw a Pancake Party where the toppings are endless, and you can even wear your pajamas. A good reason to throw such a party would be for Showers, Birthdays, Holidays, and much more.
For this type of party, it is easy to prep ahead of time and customize to your liking as well as your family and friends. To have the best pancake bar you will want to serve the best pancake mix, Vicky Cakes.
How to Plan a Pancake Bar
To create an amazing pancake bar, start ahead of time making the pancakes. You can make the pancakes the day of the party, or you can make the pancakes the night before to save you more time to prep for the rest of the party.
Tips On Making Pancakes Ahead of Time
- To make multiple pancakes at once use an electric skillet
- Once pancakes are cooked let cool in single layers
- Place pancakes between sheets of parchment paper and seal in a container
- Can be refrigerated for up to 48 hours and or kept frozen for up to 3 months
- To reheat in the oven, preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Place pancakes in a single layer on a baking sheet, and cover with aluminum foil. Reheat for at least 6 -10 minutes or until heated.
- To reheat in the microwave, place a stack of pancakes on a plate, and cover with a damp paper towel. Reheat in 45 second increments until heated.
Way to go! You’re now ahead of schedule. You no longer have to stand over a hot stove the day of the party while everyone gathers anxiously. Get ready for hot and fresh pancakes!
Perfect Toppings for Pancakes
Next on the agenda is picking out some fun toppings that everyone will enjoy. There are different categories you can choose from such as fruits, spreads, nuts, and sweet candies for a nice variety of toppings.
- Soft butter
- Peanut Butter
- Jellies (Strawberry, Grape, etc)
- Nutella (Favorite for most)
- Sliced bananas
- Berries of sorts (Blueberries, strawberries, and raspberries)
- Pie fillings (Cherry or Apple)
- Baked apples with cinnamon
Nuts and Seeds
- Shredded coconut
- Walnuts, pecans or almonds
- Vicky Cakes’ original syrup
- Vicky Cakes caramel syrup
- Mini chocolate chips
- Whip cream
- Powdered sugar
Once you have decided on what toppings you’re going to use, you can put the toppings in bowls or you can leave them in the jars. Totally up to you as you will be throwing a superb pancake bar party!!
Other Items to Serve with a Pancake Bar
Making different sides for your pancakes can be quite easy. The following items are easy to cook and prep to serve with your pancake bar:
- Yogurt (Adding toppings to your yogurt is always fun)
Are you ready to lay out your pancake bar? Watch the kids’ and adults’ eyes light up as they see all the goodies in store for eating pancakes.
Ingredients You’ll Need
For the pancakes
- 1 bag of Vicky Cakes
- 4 tsps vanilla flavor
- 1 tbsp cooking oil (for waffles use 2 tbsps)
- 3 tbsps water
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup whole milk (for waffles: use 1 cup)
- ¼ cup buttermilk
- 1 bag of Vicky Cakes
- ¾ cup non-dairy milk (for waffles use 1 cup)
- 4 tsps vanilla flavor (not vanilla extract)
- 1 tbsp cooking oil ( for waffles use 2 tbsps)
- Egg Replacement: 3 tbsps water OR ¼ cup yogurt OR ¼ cup applesauce
- Vegan Buttermilk: Mix 1 cup of soy milk and 2 tbsps of apple cider vinegar or lemon juice. Let sit for 5-10 minutes
- Mix the entire bag into a bowl with wet ingredients and stir.
- Heat a skillet to medium heat. Lightly grease
- Pour 1/4 cup batter into hot skillet or waffle iron
- Cook pancakes for 2-3 minutes and flip when you see bubbles. For waffles, follow manufacturer instructions.
Like Pancakes? Try Vicky Cakes Today.
With Vicky Cakes, you’re getting a clean, dairy-free, gluten-free, recipe that Vicky already “doctored up” for you! Just mix in your wet ingredients; and after 5 minutes of cooking, you’ll have light & fluffy pancakes or waffles.
Learn more and shop today at vickycakesonline.com.
If this blog was helpful, please share it with a friend or family member who has a gluten-free diet and loves pancakes. And, click here for tasty recipes. We’ll see you at the table!