Red Velvet Waffles with Cream Cheese Drizzle
Recipe by Vicky Cakes
Feed your sweet tooth with these delicious Red Velvet Vicky Cakes Waffles with Cream Cheese Drizzle. They are light, fluffy, savory and the cream cheese drizzle and chopped pecans on top make for a special breakfast or dessert treat, just in time for Valentine’s Day.
Ingredients for 4 large waffles:
- Vicky Cakes Original Pancake & Waffle Mix
- 1 cup whole milk (or non-dairy milk)
- 1/4 cup buttermilk (or homemade buttermilk)
- 4 tsps vanilla flavor
- 3 tbsps water
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract or imitation vanilla
- 1 whole banana
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp red food coloring
Ingredients for cream cheese drizzle:
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla flavor
- 4 tbsp milk
- Waffle iron
- Medium mixing bowl
- Measuring spoons
- Heat your waffle iron.
- Mix 1 bag of dry Vicky Cakes Original Pancake & Waffle mix into a bowl, add one wet ingredient at a time, and stir.
- Mix cream cheese ingredients and mix with a blender.
- Mash one whole banana and mix into the batter.
- Pour the batter into the hot waffle iron.
- Cook waffles for 4 minutes or until golden brown.
- Top cream cheese drizzle over waffles and add other desired toppings.