Do you like Red Lobster’s cheddar bay biscuits? Sink your teeth into these flaky and flavorful copycat biscuits.
- 1 bag of Original Vicky Cakes Pancake & Waffle Mix
- Pinch of baking powder
- Garlic powder to taste + pinch of salt
- Shredded cheddar cheese (your desired amount, I did less than a handful)
- Tablespoon melted butter
- 1/3 – ½ cup of preferred milk (gauge it as you work with the dough)
- Rolling pin and biscuit cutter. If you don’t have one, use a glass or mason jar.
- Parchment paper-lined baking sheet
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the mix and ingredients using a wooden spoon or nonstick spatula, until a soft dough forms.
- On a work surface (aka countertop), sprinkle more pancake mix/flour and transfer the dough to the floured surface and knead the dough lightly.
- Roll out the dough and cut it with your biscuit cutter. Any excess you can gather, form into a biscuit.
- Place biscuits on the lined pan and bake at 385-400 degrees (depending on oven) for 10-12 mins.
- Let it cool and brush the top with butter.
If you’ve never had Vicky Cakes Pancake & Waffle Mix before, give it a try because it’s not the average box just-add-water mix–in fact it’s the ANTI-just-add-water mix. It’s vegan friendly, has no preservatives, GMOs, or artificial ingredients; and best of all it comes in 5 varieties: original, blueberry, pecan, chocolate chip, and gluten-free.
Learn more and shop today at vickycakesonline.com.
If this tutorial was helpful, please share it with a friend or family member who loves pancakes, and click here for more recipes. We’ll see you at the table!